Saturday, March 19, 2011

Geronimo!

Matt Smith has signed on for Series 7 of Doctor Who.


This news pleases me so. I am a big fan of Matt's portrayal of the good Doctor. He portrays the Doctor as very much an old man in a young man's body, and the signs of the old man peak through a couple times every episode and they are wonderful moments. It will be a sad day when Matt takes his leave, but I will be just as excited to see who jumps on board next. I'm new to Who, but I know very well that the change is nothing new and to be expected - certainly nothing to get too upset over. (Cue me side-eying some so-called Whovians.)

This week there was a special 8-minute mini-episode on BBC's Red Nose Day, a biennial telethon event for Comic Relief. Embedded below is the first part of the episode, and here is a link to part 2. Enjoy! And enjoy! (You will only understand this once you've seen it.)


No comments: